If you’re looking for an online copywriting job, you may already have come up against the jurassic-dated notion that content just isn’t that important. But smart business people know that the reality is very different: content is king, and I was delighted to speak with some of those smart people at the meetup. These people genuinely care about their content because they know it’s now the most important part of their online presence.
In fact, what they asked me was so useful that I wanted to share it with you. If you were ever in doubt about the need for online copywriters who can create relevant, share-able and engaging content (ie. YOU), then this list should help…
Why The World Still Needs Online Copywriters
(Clue: because we can answer questions like these)
- How do I blog? What do I write about? How the hell am I supposed to come up with ideas every day?
- I keep hearing that I need to keep Google happy with better content. How do I do this? Are keywords still important?
- How do I overcome writer’s block? I don’t know where to start!
- Which social media platform is right? How do I put my personality across on Twitter without sounding silly?
- I know I need to invest in my online content. How will an online copywriter help me make more money?
These are very real concerns of business owners who are aware that they need a stream of relevant content, but who are unsure of how to provide it.
How can you use these concerns to sell your skills to an employer? Can you use them to do some freelance work and build up your online writing portfolio?
I hope this list helps – as always please feel free to get in touch and tell me what you think. Have you come up against